Wildix TAPI driver (Telephony Application Programming Interface) provides computer telephony integration and enables PCs running Microsoft Windows to make calls and use other telephone services of a Wildix PBX.
- Install TAPI driver on your PC
- TAPI driver configuration
- Multiline settings
- Testing TAPI
- To use multiline TAPI it’s necessary to activate the following license on the PBX:
- PBX per service: WTAPI license
- PBX per user: https://manuals.wildix.com/licensing
- OS Windows XP or higher, Windows Vista 64 bit or higher
Download and install the tapi driver from Collaboration Settings -> Extensions -> TAPI driver
Go to the menu Start > Control Panel > Modem and Phone > Advanced and fill in the fields:
- Wildix PBX address: Wildix PBX IP address
- User: Extension (example: 110)
- Password: Password (your password to access WMS / Collaboration)
- Multiline mode extensions: read the next chapter of this guide
- Debug logging: if enabled, logs will be saved here: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Temp
Adding one or more extensions into the field “Multiline mode extensions” allows you to monitor and to manage the calls of those users.
To enable the multiline TAPI, the user you specify in the Wildix TAPI Configuration window must be the admin user of your Wildix PBX.
Rules for adding extensions into the field “Multiline mode extensions”:
- One extension, example: 1971
- Two or more extensions separated by comma, example: 1971,1972
- Range of extensions separated by hyphen (dash), example: 1970-1980
- You can combine several rules, example: 1972, 1973, 1978-1980
You can use Phone.exe to test Wildix TAPI driver.