W01GSM Quick Installation Guide helps you install and configure the GSM gateway. Thanks to GSM gateway it is possible to send SMS using your Wildix PBX and to call mobile numbers using the GSM SIM card.
Updated: March 2017
min. WMS version required: 2.8.20131
- WMS version min. 2.8.20131
- PoE switch
- DHCP server
- GSM SIM card with PIN disabled
Note: the media gateway does not support VLAN.
Overview and LED indicators
|RUN||ON||device is booting|
|Slow blinking||device is not registered|
|Fast blinking||device is registered|
|GSM||ON||device is booting / call in progress|
|OFF||SIM card is not registered / incorrect PIN / no coverage|
|Slow blinking||SIM card is registered|
Installation and connection
Make sure the PIN code of the SIM card is disabled.
- Screw the antenna into the ANT jack plug of the gateway (antenna with a longer cable is available as a separate product: code: W01GSM-ANT)
- Insert the SIM card (press the yellow button to make the SIM tray pop out)
- Connect the WAN interface of the gateway to the PoE switch
Provisioning and configuration
Follow our online guide to provision the GSM gateway: https://manuals.wildix.com/provisioning-of-wildix-devices/
For remote/unreachable media gateways behind NAT/Firewall, follow our online guide to
remote provisioning: https://manuals.wildix.com/guide-to-remote-provisioning-of-wildix-devices/
Go to WMS > Trunks to edit the GSM gateway parameters: https://manuals.wildix.com/trunk-settings/#gsm
W01GSM appears on the Trunks page with the current status of Signal Quality, which is normally updated every 30/60 seconds.