Reset procedure of WP410 / WP480 (WP480G) / WP490 (WP490G) 2015-2017
- Press and hold for several seconds the button situated in the center of the Navigation Keys.
- Press “OK” to confirm
Recovery procedure of WP410 / WP480 (WP480G) / WP490 (WP490G) 2015-2017
- Download the latest FW for your phone model
- On new systems (starting from 2017) TFTP server is turned off by default, so it’s necessary to run the command: /etc/init.d/atftpd restart
- Rename the file to recovery.rom and upload it to the PBX, folder /srv/tftp/
- Unplug the power supply
- Press and hold “Transfer” key
- Connect the phone to power supply again; keep the “Transfer” key pressed while the phone is booting
- Phone display shows “Resume mode”, press “Edit” soft key to edit IP, Mask, Gateway (PBX IP or local gateway IP), Tftp (PBX IP); make sure the phone and PBX are in the same network segment
- Press “Burn” soft key.
note: FW can be downloaded from the PBX, path to the Firmware files:
WP490G 2017 – /firmwares/wildix2/67.145.7.xx.rom
WP480G 2017 – /firmwares/wildix2/63.145.7.xx.rom
WP490/490G 2015-2016 – /firmwares/wildix2/59.145.6.xx.rom
WP480/480G 2015-2016 – /firmwares/wildix2/55.145.6.xx.rom
WP410 – /firmwares/wildix2/50.145.6.xx.rom
MAKE SURE you download the correct file for your phone!!! If you have doubts, check the latest stable FW for your phone here: https://www.wildix.com/wms-release/
Note: This procedure does not work for cloud PBXs! it’s necessary to use an external TFTP server or a local PBX
note: on some phone models “Transfer” key is missing; use “F1” key
Phone downloads the Firmware from the PBX.