The steps below help you to connect and configure your PRI gateway. W01PRI and W02PRI are ISDN VoIP media gateways offer respectively 30 or 60 voice channels.
Version: January 2015
Connection to power supply
Connect the gateway using the power supply and the cable provided with the PRI gateway, as it is shown on the picture.
Connection to Ethernet
On the rear panel of the gateway there are five network ports:
- ETH5 port: used as WAN port
- ETH1 – ETH4: used as LAN port
Access via WAN port:
- connect WAN port (ETH5) to the same network as the PBX or an external DHCP server (for instance its Router)
- as soon as the DHCP server assigns an IP address to the gateway, you can pass to the next step of the gateway configuration
|ETH5 WAN||Configured as DHCP client||–|
|ETH1-4 LAN||Configured as DHCP server||Gateway IP: 192.168.0.10
interval: 192.168.0.11 –
- In case the PBX is used as a DHCP server, the gateway is detected on the network automatically
- In case an external DHCP server is used, check the list of the active leases to detect the IP address assigned to the gateway
Configuration of the gateway
Follow our online guide to provision the PRI gateway.
For remote/unreachable media gateways behind NAT/Firewall, follow our
online guide to remote provisioning.
Trunk parameters: https://manuals.wildix.com/trunk-settings/#bripri
Connection to the line
On the rear panel of the gateway, there are one or two modules with an Ethernet port marked as
E1/T1 (Slot2 and Slot3). Connect your Pri line to this port, as it is shown on the picture below.
Reset of the gateway
In case you need to reconfigure the gateway, you should perform a reset procedure, as shown on the picture. The switch marked as “Reset/Default” is situated on the rear panel of the gateway.
- use the paper clip or the object of the similar shape to press the button
- hold the button until all the LEDs of the gateway stop blinking and remain turned on (circa 10 seconds)
- release the button and wait for the reboot of the gateway
In case the LEDs remain turned on for more than one minute after the reset procedure, disconnect the power supply and repeat the reset procedure when the device starts.
Attach two racks provided with the gateway to the device, as shown on the picture.